Circle Of Security - Rainbow Families (LGBTIQ) - Canterbury
About this event
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, PARENTING Groups will now be held via Telehealth free of charge.
We are making it even easier for parents to join one of our Parenting Group programs, now providing these as "virtual groups" via telehealth. We use secure video-conferencing platforms, similar to the experience many of you have had using Facetime and other platforms to keep in contact with family and friends. You will have one of Tresillian's experienced clinical staff hosting the group. See below for more information on this group program:
An SIX week Parenting Group for LGBTIQ+ parents or carers with babies and children up to 5 years of age.
The group is designed to enhance the bond and sense of security for both parent/carer and child in their relationship by:
- Giving parents a roadmap as a way to better understand their children's needs.
- Inviting parents to reflect on their own experiences of being parented and how it impacts on their parenting.
- Providing a safe environment where parents can explore their strengths and struggles.
It is a closed group which builds on from week to week, so commitment to attend is expected. This group recognises that LGBTIQ+ parents may have particular experiences of parenting and may benefit from the creation of a safe space to consider those experiences. This is the first group of its kind, resulting from an identified gap in service provision.
WHY CHOOSE "CIRCLE OF SECURITY"
It is an internationally recognised evidence based program which draws from 50 years of research into attachment.
- Funded by: Psychological Support Services (PSS) program is funded by Central and Eastern Sydney PHN
Enquiries - Group Administrators - Lynn Richards/Erica Rae
Time: 5.00pm- 8pm
Date and location
14th, 21st and 28th October 2021
4th, 11th and 18th November 2021
5pm - 7.30pm
- McKenzie Street Belmore NSW 2192
- Regular : No Charge
Booking window closes on 8th October 2021, 3:02 PM