VIRTUAL - Circle Of Security - Rainbow Families (LGBTIQ) - Canterbury - Wednesday 25th May - EVENING GROUP-
About this event
An eight week Parenting Group for LGBTIQ+ parents or carers with babies and children up to 5 years of age.
The group is designed to enhance the bond and sense of security for both parent/carer and child in their relationship by:
• Giving parents a roadmap as a way to better understand their children's needs.
• Inviting parents to reflect on their own experiences of being parented and how it impacts on their parenting.
• Providing a safe environment where parents can explore their strengths and struggles.
It is a closed group which builds on from week to week, so commitment to attend is expected. This group recognises that LGBTIQ+ parents may have particular experiences of parenting and may benefit from the creation of a safe space to consider those experiences. This is the first group of its kind, resulting from an identified gap in service provision.
WHY CHOOSE "CIRCLE OF SECURITY"
It is an internationally recognised evidence based program which draws from 50 years of research into attachment.
Who can make referral to the group?
- local child and family health nurse
- Tresillian health professional
- CESPHN GPs
Funded by: Psychological Support Services (PSS) program is funded by Central and Eastern Sydney PHN -
You must either LIVE or WORK in the Central & Eastern Area Health -
This Group is being offered BY VIRTUAL PLATFORM ONLY -
If 2 members of the same family are registering both parties must register their details -
Inqueries : Group Administrator - Lynn Richards
Central & Eastern Sydney PHN
PSS Intake Fax: 1300 112 489 Tel: 1300170554
Date and location
25th May 2022
1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th June 2022
6th and 13th July 2022
4pm - 6pm
- Tresillian Canterbury McKenzie Street, Belmore NSW 2192
- Regular : No Charge
Booking window closes on 25th May 2022, 3:24 PM