Infant Mental Health Workshop: 18 October
About this event
Establishing a secure parent-child attachment relationship during the first three years of a child’s life is fundamental for lifelong emotional wellbeing and essential for enjoying satisfying relationships throughout the lifespan. This one-day workshop will delve into:
- The development of the baby’s first attachment relationship to his most important caregiver
- The impact of early caregiving on the baby’s developing brain
- Infant and toddler distress and how parents respond to them
- Why parental reflective capacity is so important for secure attachment
- How you can incorporate of the tenets of attachment theory into your clinical practice.
- Ways to develop parents’ capacity to understand and care for their baby that promote secure infant attachment.
The course delivery provides a mixture of evidence-based information, group-work, videos and interactive work.
- Do you want to help infants develop secure relationships with their caregivers?
- Do you want to help caregivers share a sensitive, affectionate and empathic relationship with their babies?
Then this is the workshop for you.
Date and location
18th October 2022
8:30am - 4:00pm
- Tresillian Willoughby Family Care Centre 2 Second Avenue, Willoughby NSW 2068
- TFCC, SLHD, SNF Staff Only : No Charge
- External Applicants : $250.00(GST included)
All cancellations must be made in writing to TFCC-Education@health.nsw.gov.au
Booking window closes on 7th October 2022, 12:44 PM