Keys to Caregiving at Willoughby 29 May 2019
About this event
Keys to Caregiving focuses on the infant’s amazing capacity to engage and communicate as their first most important relationship develops with their parents. The workshop has a strong focus on infant communication cues, and helping nurses, midwives and health workers support parents and infants (young children) during the early years of childhood.
Keys to Caregiving was developed by PCR Programs at the University of Washington, Seattle. The program is an interactive workshop that uses a mixture of didactic and experiential learning. DVD’s are used to enhance your understanding by providing visual examples of the concepts discussed. This program is a pre-requisite for the PCRP Parent Child Interaction Assessment Course.
The Keys to Caregiving Workshop is designed for nurses, midwives and health workers working with parents and infants and young children in hospital or community settings.
The workshop aims to assist you:
- Develop knowledge and skills to interpret infant states of consciousness, behaviour and cues
- Share this knowledge and these skills with parents and caregivers of infants and young children.
Your Keys to Caregiving Study Guide will be given to you at the training.
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided. Please bring your own lunch.
Date and location
- 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Tresillian Willoughby, 2 Second Avenue, Willoughby, NSW 2068
- Regular - including study guide : $290.00(GST included)
- TFCC staff & SLHD nurses- study guide only : $40.00(GST included)
- SNF Nurses only : No Charge
Cancellation will only be accepted in writing to TFCC-Education@health.nsw.gov.au.
Cancellations received more than 15 business days prior to the seminar date are entitled to a full refund. Cancellations received between 6-14 business days prior to the seminar are entitled to a 50% refund. Cancellations received less than five business days prior to the seminar or non-attendance will not be refunded.
Booking window now closed