NCAST PCI Teaching Scales | 31 July and 1, 2 August 2023
About this event
In this program, participants learn skills in the observation and assessment of caregiver and child during a teaching situation.
A key element of this program is the opportunity to be assessed for reliability in the use of a validate tool, the PCRP Parent-Child Interaction (PCI) Teaching Assessment Scale.
Who is this workshop for?
- Child & Family Health Nurses, Newborn Care Nurses, Paediatric Nurses, Researchers, Social Workers, Psychologists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, Lactation Consultants, Infant Mental Health Specialists
Prior to doing the PCR Programs PCI course you must have completed the Keys to Caregiving workshop
Prior to doing the PCR Programs PCI course you must have completed the NCAST PCI Feeding Scales
What are the NCAST Parent-Child Interaction (PCI) Teaching Scales?
- Valid and reliable assessments for measuring parent-child interaction with an extensive body of research across disciplines
- A well-developed set of observable behaviours that describe caregiver/parent child interaction in a feeding situation
- Excellent pre and post measures to document intervention effects for clinicians and researchers
- Scales which have been used in hundreds of studies and published in peer-reviewed scholarly journals
How do the PCI Scales benefit caregiver/parent-child interaction?
- Gives concrete areas to guide intervention
- Transforms the provider's view of the parent-child relationship
- Gives the provider a new lens with which to see the strengths and opportunities for growth in the parent-child relationship
Date and location
31st July 2023
1st and 2nd August 2023
8:30am - 4:00pm
- TFCC & SNF Staff ONLY : No Charge
All cancellations must be made in writing to TFCC-Education@health.nsw.gov.au
Booking window closes on 3rd July 2023, 3:38 PM