Parent Child Relationship Programs - NCAST PCI Teaching and Feeding Scales
About this event
In this program, participants learn finely honed skills in the observation and assessment of caregivers and their child during feeding and teaching interactions.
A key element of this program is the opportunity to be assessed for your own reliability in the use of this valid and reliable instrument, for use in your clinical practice.
Who is this workshop for?
- Child & Family Health Nurses, Newborn Care Nurses, Paediatric Nurses, Researchers, Social Workers, Psychologists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, Lactation Consultants, Infant Mental Health Specialists
- Prior to doing the PCR Programs PCI course you must have completed the Keys to Caregiving workshop
What are the NCAST Parent-Child Interaction (PCI) Feeding and Teaching Scales?
- Valid and reliable assessments for measuring parent-child interaction with an extensive body of research across disciplines
- A well-developed set of observable behaviours that describe caregiver/parent child interaction in either a feeding or teaching situation
- Excellent pre and post measures to document intervention effects for clinicians and researchers
- Scales which have been used in hundreds of studies and published in peer-reviewed scholarly journals
How do the PCI Scales benefit caregiver/parent-child interaction?
- Gives concrete areas to guide intervention
- Transforms the provider's view of the parent-child relationship
- Gives the provider a new lens with which to see the strengths and opportunities for growth in the parent-child relationship
Please bring your own lunch. Tea, coffee & biscuits will be provided.
Date and location
- 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Tresillian Willoughby Family Care Centre 2 Second Avenue, Willoughby NSW 2068
- TFCC & SLHD Staff : No Charge
All cancellations must be made in writing to TFCC-Education@health.nsw.gov.au
Sorry, no places remain