Parent Child Relationship Programs- NCAST PCI
About this event
In this program, participants learn skills in the observation and assessment of caregiver and child during a feeding situation.
A key element of this program is the opportunity to be assessed for reliability in the use of a validate tool, the PCRP Parent-Child Interaction (PCI) Feeding Assessment Scale.
Who is this workshop for?
- Child & Family Health Nurses, Newborn Care Nurses, Paediatric Nurses, Researchers, Social Workers, Psychologists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, Lactation Consultants, Infant Mental Health Specialists
- Prior to doing the PCR Programs PCI course you must have completed the Keys to Caregiving workshop
What are the NCAST Parent-Child Interaction (PCI) Feeding and Teaching Scales?
Valid and reliable assessments for measuring parent-child interaction with an extensive body of research across disciplines
- A well-developed set of observable behaviours that describe caregiver/parent child interaction in either a feeding or teaching situation
- Excellent pre and post measures to document intervention effects for clinicians and researchers
- Scales which have been used in hundreds of studies and published in peer-reviewed scholarly journals
How do the PCI Scales benefit caregiver/parent-child interaction?
- Gives concrete areas to guide intervention
- Transforms the provider's view of the parent-child relationship
- Gives the provider a new lens with which to see the strengths and opportunities for growth in the parent-child relationship
Please bring your own lunch. Tea, coffee & biscuits will be provided.
Date and location
- 8:30am - 4:30pm
- 2 Second Avenue Willoughby NSW 2068
- External applicants : $2000.00(GST included)
- TFCC ,SLHD & SNF Staff only : No Charge
Cancellations will only be accepted in writing to TFCC-Education@health.nsw.gov.au
Cancellations received more than 15 business days prior to the seminar date are entitled to a full refund.
Cancellations received between 6-14 business days prior to the seminar are entitled to a 50% refund.
Cancellations received less than five business days prior to the seminar or non-attendance will not be refunded.
Booking window now closed