VIRTUAL NCAST PCI Teaching Scale
About this event
In this program, participants learn skills in the observation and assessment of caregiver and child during a teaching situation.
A key element of this program is the opportunity to be assessed for reliability in the use of a validate tool, the PCRP Parent-Child Interaction (PCI) Teaching Assessment Scale.
Who is this workshop for?
- Child & Family Health Nurses, Newborn Care Nurses, Paediatric Nurses, Researchers, Social Workers, Psychologists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, Lactation Consultants, Infant Mental Health Specialists
- Prior to doing the PCR Programs PCI course you must have completed the Keys to Caregiving workshop
What are the NCAST Parent-Child Interaction (PCI) Teaching Scales?
Valid and reliable assessments for measuring parent-child interaction with an extensive body of research across disciplines
- A well-developed set of observable behaviours that describe caregiver/parent child interaction in a feeding situation
- Excellent pre and post measures to document intervention effects for clinicians and researchers
- Scales which have been used in hundreds of studies and published in peer-reviewed scholarly journals
How do the PCI Scales benefit caregiver/parent-child interaction?
- Gives concrete areas to guide intervention
- Transforms the provider's view of the parent-child relationship
- Gives the provider a new lens with which to see the strengths and opportunities for growth in the parent-child relationship
Date and location
22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th February 2021
8:00 am - 12:30 - 1.00 pm
- TFCC & SLHD nurses only : No Charge
- External applicants : $2000.00(GST included)
Cancellations need to be made in writing to TFCC-Education@health.nsw.gov.au
Booking window closes on 19th February 2021, 9:00 AM