Keys to Caregiving | 5 December 2023
About this event
Keys to Caregiving focuses on the infant’s amazing capacity to engage and communicate as their first most important relationship develops with their parents. The workshop has a strong focus on infant communication cues, and helping nurses, midwives and health workers support parents and infants (young children) during the early years of childhood.
Keys to Caregiving was developed by PCR Programs at the University of Washington, Seattle. The program is an interactive workshop that uses a mixture of didactic and experiential learning. DVD’s are used to enhance your understanding by providing visual examples of the concepts discussed. This program is a pre-requisite for the PCRP Parent Child Interaction Assessment Course.
The Keys to Caregiving Workshop is designed for nurses, midwives and health workers working with parents and infants and young children in hospital or community settings.
The workshop aims to assist you:
- Develop knowledge and skills to interpret infant states of consciousness, behaviour and cues
- Share this knowledge and these skills with parents and caregivers of infants and young children.
Once you have booked you will be emailed a virtual invitation and the necessary handouts. After which the study guide will be posted to you.
Date and location
5th December 2023
8:30am - 4:30pm
- TFCC, SLHD and Regional LHDs ONLY (excluding ISLHD & CCLHD) : $48.00(GST included)
- Sustaining NSW Families ONLY : No Charge
- All External Applicants : $298.00(GST included)
All cancellations must be made in writing to TFCC-Education@health.nsw.gov.au
Booking window now closed