Professional Visits & Clinical Placements

Tresillian is a leading child and family health organisation within Australia, and as such, we attract many requests for placement and visits from qualified professionals, researchers, post-graduate and undergraduate students. Unfortunately due the high level of demand for placement, we are not always able to accommodate such requests.

The following information is provided to guide any enquiries regarding either visits by qualified health professionals and researchers or clinical placement for students.

Professional visits

Any requests from qualified health professionals or researchers within Australia or from overseas to undertake a work or observational placement or professional visit, and who are not currently enrolled in a recognised tertiary course, must put their request in writing to the Director of Clinical Services. Certain requirements will be required to be met prior to the visit commencing. Note: if the applicant's primary employment is outside of NSW Health they will be required to meet the verification requirements which apply to all employees of NSW Health.

Further information: For further information and to clarify what is required to be supplied prior to commencement please contact


Nursing clinical placement

Tresillian Family Care Centres is committed to the development of the child and family health nursing workforce. Clinical placements are provided for post-graduate child and family health nursing students, post-graduate midwifery students and third year undergraduate nursing students in child and family health electives enrolled in Australian universities only that have a “Student Placement Agreement” with Sydney Local Health District in place. In accordance with Ministry of Health policy, first priority for access to clinical placements is granted to NSW students.

For further information: University Clinical Placement Coordinators should direct requests for placements on the student's behalf in the first instance via NSW Health ClinConnect.

Social Work/Psychology Internships

Tresillian Family Care Centres values the importance of tertiary internships which is an integral part of the Social Work and Psychology Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degree.

Social work internships: Internships (clinical placement) are structured in Academic Year 2,3, and 4 of the Social Work Undergraduate Degree and Year 1 and 2 of the Masters Program.

Psychology internships: Internships are held in Year 5 and 6 as part of the Professional Registration Program. For Clinical Psychology, internships varies but typically in Year 2 of the Masters Program. All requests are made via ClinConnect.

For further information: The Director Of Social Work/ Psychology has the overall responsibility of Social Work/ Psychology Internships and can be contacted