Education, Professional Practice and Innovation Centre (EPPIC)
Tresillian's Education, Professional Practice and Innovation team aim to:
- support Tresillian staff develop their clinical skills using practice development approaches
- provide high quality education programs for Tresillian staff and external professionals who work with families and young children
- assist in the translation of child and family health evidence in to clinical practice
- develop parenting education and child and family health professional resources
- develop Tresillian’s research capacity
- provide consultancy in child and family health for government and private organisations
- seek funding to design, implement and evaluate innovative child and family health services and interventions.
EPPIC staff have experience providing education at a state, national and international level. Education programs have been offered in: Seoul, South Korea; Manila, Philippines; Wuhan and Chengdu, China; Jakarta, Indonesia; and Hong Kong.
Since 2012, the team have supported the NSW Ministry of Health Kids and Families to develop and implement the Advanced Nurse Practice program for the Sustaining NSW Families Home Visiting program. Seoul National University, in 2013, contracted the development and implementation of a child and family health nursing short course to support a newly developed home visiting program.
EEPIC regularly offers a suite of programs produced by Parent-Child Relationship Programs of the University of Washington Seattle. These programs include the: Keys to Caregiving program; Parent Child Interaction Assessment Course (Feeding and Teaching Scales); Promoting Maternal Mental Health program and Promoting First Relationships program.
For further information, please contact our team at TFCC-Education@health.nsw.gov.au