Tresillian’s Residential Programs operate in NSW at Tresillian Canterbury, Nepean and Willoughby and in the ACT at the QEII Family Centre. The residential service is a statewide 4-night, 5-day inpatient service for families experiencing significant parenting challenges that require intensive intervention and strategies to promote family health and wellbeing.
A referral from a health professional such as your local Child and Family Health Nurse, your Family Doctor, or Paediatrician is essential. Most families in the metropolitan area will have attended a Day Stay at either Tresillian or their local Family Care Cottage or had a visit from our Outreach team, prior to admission. Where those services are not available (eg. in rural areas), families should contact their local health professional to discuss the option of referral.
The Tresillian team of child and family health nurses, psychologists, social workers, paediatricians and psychiatrists work in partnership with you to increase confidence; resolve concerns; and provide guidance and information on issues such as:
- adjustment to parenting
- breast or formula feeding
- sleep and settling strategies
- diet and nutrition
- multiple babies
- toddler behaviour
- anxiety and postnatal depression
Locations in NSW
- Tresillian Canterbury (02) 9123 8800 (24 hours, 7 days per week)
- Tresillian Nepean (02) 9123 8990 (24 hours, 7 days per week)
- Tresillian Willoughby (02) 8962 8300 (24 hours, Monday to Friday)
Locations in ACT
- Tresillian QEII (02) 6205 2333 (24 hours, 7 days per week)
Tresillian’s Residential Services caters for families with children in the following age groups:
- Tresillian Canterbury and Willoughby – birth to 24 months
- Tresillian Nepean – birth to 36 months
- Tresillian at QEII – birth to 36 months
Residential Services are covered by Medicare and/or your family’s private health fund. If both parents stay overnight one parent is a boarder and an accommodation/meals charge applies per day. You will be advised of the current rate prior to your admission.